Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Serious Issue Possibly Involving You Or Your Closest Gal-Pals

I felt the need to express my thoughts on this disturbing matter plaguing teenagers everywhere. 

So last night I was watching Nightline and one of their main stories was about a teenage girl who got into all sorts of trouble for posting inappropriate pictures of herself online. She had taken these pictures and either she or someone else posted them online for the whole world to see. Well girls, I don't know if you know this but there are over 7 billion people on the planet earth today. That's A LOT!!! Just think of all the pedophiles, creepers, and stalkers who use the internet everyday - and think of all the youth who are kidnapped, harassed, assaulted or worse every year. Posting pictures of yourself like that online means they can be see seen by everyone and distributed everywhere! They could sent to other websites, printed, emailed, texted... the possibilities are endless. They also presented a startling fact that one in five teenage girls has sent/uploaded a nude or semi-nude photo of themselves. At this point I was practically in tears. Me, of course, imagining me and four of my closest gal-pals, was absolutely horrified.   

Sure the popular girls might do it. And perhaps a guy you're interested in might like it. But if you're ever in a situation where you are about to click the send/upload button I want you to stop. Right there. And think. Ask yourself if that's REALLY going to make yourself feel good. Do you really want to have the possibility of having pedophiles, stalkers, rapists, creepers seeing that? Or have all your schoolmates, friends, and family to see that? I don't think you do. If you happen to be in possession of any of these pictures of yourself (or someone else, for that matter) please, PLEASE! Delete them RIGHT NOW. Anyone could snatch up your phone, camera, iPod, laptop, ect...and send/upload them. Which would be absolutely awful for anyone involved considering it's downright illegal. 

Who can find a virtuous young woman for her price is far above rubies. - Proverbs 31:10 (and yes I took this picture myself!)

Please girls, I hope you NEVER become the 1 in five. Don't make that kind of mistake, the internet is FOREVER.

Stay Strong Fashionistas! Don't give in to this evil!
XOXO Stari

No comments:

Post a Comment